Mason & Hamlin Screwstringer

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Tue May 15 14:36:23 MDT 2007

I went to a chapter get-together yesterday, in Lansing, MI (James Reeder's shop), and saw a Mason Screw-stringer grand!  A first for me, and wondered how you tune one of these beasts.  Amazing sustain in this old beast, when plucking strings.  Didn't see a tuning lever with it, though.  Wonder where it was hidden?  Clark Sprague