Are there many piano techs who are veterans?

Ron Berry ron at berrypiano.com
Mon May 14 11:09:17 MDT 2007

I had a religious experience in a library in a hotel high in the mountains of
Ecuador. They had packed earth wall 3 feet thick and high in the mountains
with almost no planes overhead. I heard my own heartbeat and the
synapases in my head buzzing. A wonderful experience to get somewhere
that is that quiet.

ron

On 14 May 2007 at 10:02, David Andersen wrote:

> On May 14, 2007, at 6:10 AM, Porritt, David wrote:
> A question from the other side....Can anyone here say
> that they can go
> to a perfectly quiet place (say, a high end recording
> studio) and
> actually hear nothing??
> Not me....
>
> I have personally never met anyone who didn't
> seem to have a little tinnitus that they could hear when it
> was
> perfectly quiet.
> Me neither.
> Are there any people with silence in their head??
> Nossaman seems to have met a few.
>
> Fascinatin' topic....some people----mostly spiritual adepts---would tell you that the "ringing" is just
> the first layer or level of sound that has been called "the music of the spheres..." the actual sound
> of the energy that keeps everything buzzing and alive. And that to connect to the feel

Ron Berry Piano Service
Indianapolis, IN 46220
317-255-8213
ron at berrypiano.com