Are there many piano techs who are veterans?

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sun May 13 22:50:53 MDT 2007

It's true that quinine can cause damage to the hearing.

A tech here in Portland was taking quinine for leg cramps and having hearing
problems and tinnitus--until I gave a chapter technical.  He told the doctor
to take him off the quinine and within 4 days his tinnitus cleared up and
his hearing returned to normal.  He thanked me for the help.

Two years later, I needed to make a mock patient file for my clinical class,
so I phoned him up, interviewed him on his cell while he ordered "dinner" at
Arby's, wrote it up (changing names) for my assignment and got an "A"   :-)

However, I don't know whether the tetanus shot and quinine have anything in
common.  I'll post a message to one of my prof"s.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter