Insurance rider for transportation

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Thu May 10 20:56:10 MDT 2007

  I need to move 2 restored S&S B's out of state to a recital hall for
an "on site selection", and wanted to take out a temporary rider to
cover their value during transportation. When I called my own insurance
Co, I got a quote of $605 for $105k, which gets me coverage for an
entire year (I only need three days). Has anybody ever had to deal with
this? Is this the best I can do? I've heard from customers who routinely
transport high value artwork that this is routinely done for far less.

- Mark Dierauf