Rubber pedal cups

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu May 10 08:33:40 MDT 2007

> I could use some rubber pedal cups--those little 'rubber' cups that fit
> into the grand piano pedal hole and into which the vertical rod is
> inserted.  I could use some for Yamaha, Kawai, and Baldwin.  Where can
> they be obtained?  I don't see them in Schaff's catalog.
>
> Actually, I wonder why they use them at all.  The older pianos didn't,
> and they worked just fine.  Those cups either wear through or get hard
> and cause noises.
>
> Where in the world are they?
>
> Arlie Rauch

Let's see - you don't like the rubber bushings, because they
wear through or get hard and make noise, yet you want a source
to get more to install in pianos so they can wear through and
make noise? First, get yourself a big plate of Jalapeños and
Okra smothered in Tabasco sauce to get you in the proper frame
of mind. After that, it won't much matter.

Or you could look in the Pianotech archives under "pedal rod
bushings", and make your own of leather that don't wear
through or make noise. Easier on the taste buds too.

Ron N