More drill press questions!

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun May 6 20:51:22 MDT 2007

Shawn,

There was an exchange on the list a short bit ago re: drill presses.  Search the archives for the subject "Drill Press."  Terry Farrell has a nice set-up for drilling in the piano.  He might email you a photo or two.  I have a floor model, which is great if you will only drill out of the piano.  For drilling in the piano, a radial press would do a great job and has a great deal of versatility for many other operations.  Rikon, Shop Fox, HEC, Grizzly and Delta all have radial presses.  And, from what others have mentioned, I'd look for one with at least a three inch throw.

Best,
William R. Monroe