Harbor Freight shop equipment

Jim Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 6 09:26:18 MDT 2007

I have a number of tools from Harbor Freight and also a number of better quality tools from other sources.  If it's a tool that will only be used once or only occasionally, I will buy from HF.  For things like my drill press, table saw, band saw, 6X48 sander etc., I stick with better quality names.  I have a cordless screwdriver from HF which cost me $9.95 on sale and it's the best one I've ever used, and I've had several.  It's cheap, it's orange, it's powerful, and the battery charge lasts forever.  It has a folding handle and a rocker type switch for going forward or reverse and works great for removing a whole row of hammer shank flanges or whippens.  I'm going to buy another next time they go on sale.  HF also has some good sales on disposables like latex gloves, sanding belts and discs, drill bits etc.  You can find some good deals on clamps as well.

I also have several Grizzly tools and I am very happy with the quality.  A good medium quality product to consider would be Craftsman which has one of the best warranty policies out there.  If you have any problems, just take it back to any Sears outlet.

Have fun