Steinway L damper lift dowel

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed May 2 10:40:39 MDT 2007

Greetings,
<<  The trapwork hook on the damper lever was turned aside allowing
the movers to lose the damper lift dowel.  From the Steinway parts list
it looks like the correct dimension for this dowel is 1/2 in x 4 in.  I
will need to make a replacement.  Does anyone know if this is correct
for this model.  It was built in 1936. >>

          I suggest that this is a perfect excuse to upgrade the pitman
configuration.  It is what the new Steinways do, and I consider it way superior to
the older felt-bushed mode.
Ample discussion of various approaches in the archives.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>