Steinway B Scale Conversion

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 18:25:56 MST 2007

Del,

It looks like the grain angle on your board is really
different than the original.  If it is, how do you
determine what grain angle to use?

Why do you float the end of the soundboard (isn't this
 for more flexibility?) and then you turn around and
add a veneer to stiffen it and add impedence?  These
seem antithetical.  What am I misunderstanding?

Bob Hull

--- Delwin D Fandrich <fandrich at pianobuilders.com>