http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0, 9171, 791500-1, 00.html

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 31 11:46:59 MST 2007

What a sloppy mix of fact, fancy, and myth! (Unfortunately, TIME has not gotten one iota better in the last 63 years: Along with Spellchecker in their computers, they need a Factchecker feature.)

I've never thought of voicing as "fluffing up the felt." That is actually funny.

What about this business of tuning a piano differently if it is to accompany a cello vs. a violin? Maybe if one is playing Brahms and the other is playing Monteverdi!

Alan Barnard

Salem, MO