Ultimate Table Saw

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 30 18:49:38 MST 2007

Well thank you for the compliment. I cut them on the band saw. I cut the
first section - let's say the high treble piece, and make the
high-treble/treble dogleg cut on that piece somewhat random - just cut it
about where I want it (middle of the dogleg). Then I lay the oversize treble
cap piece in place and position the high-treble cap piece so that it
overlaps the treble piece at the dogleg. Pencil in the edge. Cut (I'd say
with finger crossed, but you want all your fingers to direct things where
you want them) on the bandsaw - I will usually use a miter thingee to help
hold the angle steady. It gets it pretty darn close. Then the rest of the
magic is done with the epoxy that squishes out when the cap gets bonded in
place. I will use a mixture of epoxy that is close in color to the maple.
After cure, sand - and the job looks like you have more talent than you
actually have!

Is that what you were looking for?

Terry Farrell