Xylol for tuning pin bushings

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 22:49:47 MST 2007

Concerning tuning  pin bushings being  soaked in
Xylol:
Sometime ago Joe Garrett told about using this method
to  make the bushings pliable.  It was in response to
a post that was concerned about not being  able  to
find a bushing small enough for the plate holes.

Now I am finding the opposite scenario.

This plate has holes too large for the 7/16 o.d.
bushings.    Will  the Xylol treatment make them swell
and fit that hole better? I've just started soaking a
batch today in hopes.

This wet bushing won't make the pin rusty I hope.

Bob Hull