Bushing cloth question

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Tue Mar 27 07:52:31 MST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net

The PTG reccommends that you use Renner flange bushing cloth for the Technical portion of the RPT Exam and better advice has never been found.  I tried using cloth from Pianotek, and from Schaff with limited success.  Then I tried it with the Renner cloth.  Voile!  Suddenly it was easy.  Relatively.

Now that I've rebushed my one flange, I hope to never have to do it again.  I don't know where I put my one strip of Renner cloth after taking the exam.  And I don't care.

But if ya gotta do it, use the Renner cloth.

Tom Sivak
Chicago

I hoped that, too, but it's a good skill to have. I rebush flanges in the field about twice a year. More often if I need to repin flanges on certain chinese-built pianos that don't appear to have the bushings glued in. DAMHIK

Dave Davis, RPT