Rib Press

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 26 14:42:13 MST 2007

I've fitted my hoses with a platic cap at one end and drilled a hole in
the cap to insert a truck tire valve. You could use a bicycle pump to
fill them if you don't want to use the compressor. The screw type will
be heavier and more problematic to use:  When you start putting the
pressure you'll have to go back and forth to even out the pressure and
it will be extremely difficult for you to be sure to get even pressure.
Air pressure is THE way to go for rib gluing. To keep my cauls together,
I just use webbing straps that are held tight with small c-clamps. Real
portable and light.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC