Temperament use, (was Feldman's piano)

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 26 11:59:24 MST 2007

Double-blind testing sounds kind of scientific. :-)

My personal experience is that with two fine pianos from the same
piano maker, one tuned to ET and the other to a mild HT, the one with
the HT always "plays better", "has a much better tone" "is more
responsive" .... yada yada yada.

I usually don't dis-abuse piano professors and concert artists of
their notions.

Andrew Anderson