tuning for Michael Feldman

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Sat Mar 24 18:11:32 MST 2007

Wow, the mind boggles. That's so interesting; the dealer imposes
meantone temperament (on a jazz trio, no less - with all the
chromatic haarmonic stuff going on) and nobody thinks that's odd, or
questions it?! I wonder how the pianist feels? (Who knows, maybe he's
an adventurous sort of jazzer, and thinks it's bizarre and
interesting - he does sound like an easygoing sort, when Feldman
engages him in conversation). I'll definitely have to listen to that
show again   : )

Now I'm really wondering whether it was the tuning or the temperament
that I heard as being "off" somehow.

Cheers,

Allen