one of those days

Marshall Connolly falcone1132 at tmlp.com
Sat Mar 24 01:29:58 MST 2007

MessageWayne:

Your best bet is to "run away, run away " (pardon the Monty Python reference, here).  It seems, quite obviously, that these folks are pretty "hell-bent" on saving a P.O.S. (yes, that is-- 'piece of shit') erroneously presuming that this instrument could be made to play-- at least for the 'children' to learn on.  Don't lower your standards as a tuner/tech. for their ignorance.

You clearly indicated the problems with the piano, and its in-ability to perform even 'marginally' for a beginner.  Kindly thank them for the call, charge them for a service call, MAKE SURE YOU GET PAID, and move on.  It is frightfully obvious that you're not going to have a positive experience here.  Their ignorance is their only saving grace.  If they aren't willing to listen to reason, please read the beginning of this paragraph AGAIN, and ................."run away, run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Customers like this will only hinder your learning as a tech., or discourage you from approaching problems with REAL instruments----- which--- incidently, would actually be worth REBUILDING.

"Run Away, Wayne!"
Marshall Connolly