hammer filing

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 09:17:11 MST 2007

Noah,

It isn't all that uncommon to LIGHTLY sand the surface of the hammer regularly.  It seems to keep the grooves to a minimum, the hammer surface supple, and can keep the tone more even.

A major shaping of hammers at every appointment WOULD be extreme.
Dave Stahl, RPT

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net