Facts and nots : was Recommend Rebuilder?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 22 20:56:11 MST 2007

I've never tried to dry a whole log. You're talking many months, if not
years for a large-diameter Sitka log to eqilibrate with its surroundings.
I've dried two-inch-thick and one-inch-thick boards, and the two inch are
definately more tempermental than the thinner boards. A whole log would need
some very specific and very constant drying conditions.

Of course, I suppose just the ends check big-time. Maybe you could dry a log
down quickly, letting the outer few inches or foot check as much as it
wanted, and then the rest would be fine. Perhaps that is often the
case......

Tery Farrell