Facts and nots : was Recommend Rebuilder?

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Mar 22 15:25:09 MST 2007

Grin... friendlys are always understood and A-ok.  And you are
correcto... it does bring us back to RC&S quite naturally.. or at least
alternative construction methods.  People have been looking for the
magic bullet here as long as pianos have been built and the argument as
to which set of trade-offs seems likely to go on for as long as they
continue to be built... with wood anyways. Heck.... I'm in the middle of
doing a LC&RS board based rebuild so I hardly can be accused of having
anything against modern thought.   I just recognize and have no problem
with the fact that lots of folks who know lots about pianos disagree on
a lot of this stuff... and it appears to me that very much of what is
disagreed about and claimed, counter-claimed etc etc is in actually
postulation more then fact. Evidently my insistence on trying to
separate the two keeps getting me into ired water... but hey... yas
cants pleases dems alls cans ya ?

Cheers
RicB

    Which completes the circle (again?) and brings us back to the idea
    of RC&S
    boards, no?  ;-]

    Just a friendly barb, Ric.

    William R. Monroe