Chopin's piano found in English country house

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Wed Mar 21 17:06:13 MST 2007

Hi all antique lovers.

Here is a pic of the piano Chopin took with him when he came to visit me in
Brussels.  Pleased by warm friendship, he left it over to me when he went
away (anyway he had them for free, he said).
More seriously, this piano, in excellent original condition and playing
really nice, is worth nuts on the antique piano market, just because it is 5
years younger than the youngest Pleyel from the time Chopin still lived
(1853).  Yet, it IS the same model than the other more famous one.
Just a thought, how sometimes it is the idea that is given value.  Nothing
wrong to that, though.

Sincere and respectful greetings to David Winston at Period Pianos, who did
what appears to be a great restoring job.  Any chance he could chime in and
tell us about his work ?

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.