Pinblock Question

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 16:48:06 MST 2007

Strange but true!  It stands exactly 1 metre high. It has unusual features such as reverse threaded tuning pins, continuous agraffe bridge (no bridge pins or notching, aluninium alloy tubular frame and hollow core soundboard.

I would have thought that without bridge pins, there would be no reason to fear the dreaded false (or Revenko Jones type real ) beats but alas to my horror every single string on every note was false, and I had no idea what to do about it. So I chopped the piano up into lots of pieces.
 Here is the treble section of it.

Meanwhile a 100 years ago there was a similar piano with folding keyboard.

AF