Recommend Rebuilder?

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Tue Mar 20 17:21:15 MST 2007

Dang, Baoli,

When are you hoping to have the Belly work done??  What kind of finish, wood
or ebony?  Is there damage to the veneer/body of the instrument that needs
to be repaired before refinishing?  Do you have any preconceived notions as
to whether the instrument should be historically accurate, or are you trying
to achieve the greatest sound possible??  I've a few ideas for you.  What
kind of budget do you have for the Belly work?  That will dictate what is
available.

I'm was really hoping my shop would be built by this Fall, but it may be
Spring before I'm ready.  At that time, I'll be putting in my own
soundboards, bridges, blocks, etc.  Everything but refinishing.  Of course,
you might prefer someone more experienced.  I've recently done an "O" and an
"A" and will soon be taking on an AB Chase 6'1" Grand for Belly and Action
work.  Anyway, I'd be happy to help you get some direction.

Bill
William R. Monroe
A440-William R. Monroe Piano Services, Inc.
314 East Church Street
Belleville, WI 53508
www.a440piano.net
608-215-3250