Was Unbelieveable Workmanship now S&S Action Jam

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Tue Mar 20 07:40:53 MST 2007

I've never seen it this bad, you can see the deep witness marks from the
flange screws as the assembly was forced in, screws are touching all the way
across the scale. Drop screws usually contact first, but they are probably
screwed down all the way because again of too tall part and related
incorrect action geometry. Action will not budge, I'm planning some quality
time with it tomorrow and should have it out. The amazing thing is, someone
put this in some number of years ago after "restoring" the piano, and it has
been blocking with dampers jamming across the scale ever since. How do you
sell a job like that? Geeeez
Fenton