Broadwood Bass string

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 19:21:45 MST 2007

This discussion is noteworthy in that this problem has cropped up in
rebuilding.

A rebuilder that I am aware of copies the scales in pianos that come
to them without looking at the scale (usually) to see if it will
work.  They have had problems where treble wires are breaking all
over the place when trying to get them up to pitch or worse, shortly
after delivery   Now this can happen in bass strings too that are
covered with a material other than copper and then a copper string
clad string is substituted and you can't get it up to pitch without
snapping it.

Andrew Anderson