tuning bass

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:44:21 MST 2007

Yes, I often tune an 8:4 octave and use those tests. But since Daniel is
preparing for the RPT test, and only mentioned the 6:3, I didn't see the
need to bring it up. :-)

Personally, I like the 8:4 octave more than the 6:3 in most grands. I prefer
the slightly growling, rumbly sound to the tighter, cleaner 6:3. FWIW.

JF