Chopin's piano

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Sun Mar 18 14:06:55 MST 2007

At our Chapter meeting this past week, Dave Liljedahl played a Chopin etude
on an 1883 Chickering grand that Frank Lundak is restoring.  I can't tell
you the particulars of the restoration, but I'm sure Frank would be more
than happy to fill you in (no email, however).

I was very taken by how distinctively different that piece sounded on the
Chickering, and there were moments when I felt as though I was actually
hearing Chopin for the first time.  Dave followed it with some jazz, and for
that I certainly would have prefered a modern piano.  But the Chopin was
pretty durned wonderful on the Chickering.

Annie Grieshop