StrikeWt & HammerWt Spreedsheet

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Mar 17 12:00:22 MST 2007

Hi John...

I got it fixed... I had to turn down the security level to low under the
Tools/Macros submenu.  Might be a good idea to let folks know that one
should turn back up the security level when done as keeping it low
leaves you open for virus's that can exploit Xcell.

Cheers
RicB

I got the same message as you, but just clicked ok, and it opened.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca

  Hi David

    I get an name error on the HWspec column.  Seems like the cupspline
name is not recognized. When I open the spreadsheet a warning about
macros being disabled comes on because the security level is set high
and none of the macros are digitally signed. Any clues as to why ?

    Looks kinda cute tho for generating non-Stanwood standard
Strikeweight curves.  I use a different approach based on a Bezier
function that Mark Davidson helped me work out. Combined with the ratios
of the three levers, the whippen radius weight and your desired BW, you
get a bezier curve generated set of hammer radius weights and key radius
weight.  I like very much the graph style that Rons has tho.

    In anycase... heres my sheet for anyone that may find it useful.
Again, I credit Mark Davidson for helping me figure out how to apply the
Bezier function to the spreadsheet.

    http://www.pianostemmer.no/files/hammer-
key-radius-weights-generator.xls

    Cheers
    RicB

      Dear List,

      Ron Nossaman posted an excel spreadsheet a while back for graphing
hammer
      weights and I promised to make it available with my own edits and
      additions.  My version contains two sheets. One for hammer weights
(strike
      weights minus 1.8g) and one for strike weights along with data
columns for
      all the curve standards. It's available at:

      http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/E-SmartChart2.3.xls

      It's virus free.   Comments and suggestions welcome.

      Additional resources at:

      http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/touchweight.htm

      Hope this helps..

      Thanks Ron,