appraising

J Pengelly johnsfsr at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 17 09:19:32 MST 2007

I have to do an appraisal this coming week for a new client. She wants to
sell a 6ft. Yamaha G3 grand. I feel confident in judging its condition but
feel a little uncertain on placing a value on it. I live in an area that has
a lot of old uprights and the selling of grands is quite rare. I'm wondering
how I can get better educated on retail pricing of used pianos so I can do
right by the customer.

Much appreciated,

John Pengelly
The Tuning Fork