chisels

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Mar 16 18:10:33 MST 2007

Gene,

"THE wet stone?"  What grade stone are you starting with??  If you are
having trouble removing enough material, I'd guess your stone is to fine to
start with.  You'll need either a set of stones (my suggestion is at least
three grades), and if you are really reshaping the bevel to start with, I'd
start with coarse emery on a granite surface plate.  You must shape the
bevel with a very coarse stone/paper/whatever, before you can begin to
refine that edge with finer grades of stone/paper/whatever.

Best,
William R. Monroe