Checks cause hammer bounce ?

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Mar 15 21:45:59 MST 2007

Not to beat a dead horse here, Ric, but it seems like your diagnostics are
leading you to the balance rail.  I recognize that there are still
possibilities elsewhere, but perhaps it's time to get that dial indicator
after all.  ;-]

maybe:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=32525&cat=1,43513,51657

or something of that nature.  I'd have to look up Ron O's article, but I
assume this indicator would work well enough.

Best,
William R. Monroe

SNIP