But very unusual .....

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Mon Mar 12 14:52:25 MST 2007

It IS a working URL. The article starts:
Church organist required for jungle meteorite hunt Jack Malvern

Wanted: one organist for concert in remote Bolivian jungle accessible only
by raft. Must be prepared to face rapids, alligators and 30C (86F)
temperatures. Ability to swim a bonus.

Church organists are rarely an essential part of expeditions into the
Amazonian rainforest, but a team of scientists about to embark on a journey
to a far-flung meteorite impact site in Bolivia believe that one will be key
to achieving their mission.

Colonel John Blashford-Snell, a professional adventurer who made headlines
in 2000 when he took a grand piano 350 miles (560km) along the Amazon River
as a present for the Wai Wai tribe in Guyana, intends to deliver a pedal
organ to the isolated Ojaki community as a way of persuading its people to
help his expedition.

The colonel's team, which will also help to install a clean water supply and
perform medical duties for the Ojaki people, are reliant on local expertise
to build bridges to the impact site, which is five miles wide. The locals
are religious and have asked the visitors to install an organ in their newly
built church.
The organ — a pedal-powered Harmonium donated by St James's church in Milton
Abbas, Dorset — will be flown to La Paz and then transported by lorry 120
miles over the Andes to the Beni river. It will then be loaded on to a 59ft
(18m) boat ...

--
=cell 425 830 1561=