Question about new pianos

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 12 09:14:37 MST 2007

To my knowledge, Falcone was a great piano when it was built around the
Boston area. Since then, I think the name is now used by a Chinese piano
builder. The pianos coming out of these factories could be in all kind
of state. I just finished tuning a Remington 150 this morning (chinese
built supposedly from Pramberger Co.) and found out that the backscale
is going up from the bridge. What got me suspicious is that I could
actually see the string plane going up. I measured and it was indeed
really going upward... Go figure how that piano is going to age...

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC