Question about new pianos

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Mar 12 07:13:54 MST 2007

While I'd agree that a new piano should not have problems of the sort
you mention,  I dont know if I'd agree with the statement that lack of
experience with a piano brand, or lack of these being well known to the
public at large is any dependable criteria for judging the quality of
the instrument.

I have never run into a Falcone myself.  I remember when they were first
brought to my attention in the early 90's when I was in Seattle for a
couple years... they were touted as being the piano to replace
Steinway.... and by some folks I respect.  Yet, true to form I register
these kinds of comments and stay open minded both ways... because when
it comes right down to it,  if yas donts knows yas donts knows.

Cheers
RicB

    My best guess is that you're right - -if the pins seemed loose or
    jumpy,
    then they were loose and jumpy. There's no excuse for the pins in a
    new piano to
    be this way. In all my years in business - -27 --- I never
    came across a Falcone piano - -there must be a reason. I guess if
    the brand
    were a really good one, it would be popular and lots of people would
    own them,
     like Yamaha, Kawai, etc.

    Jesse Gitnik