Seasonal pitch change:

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Sat Mar 10 17:45:37 MST 2007

At the risk of sounding stupid, I am compelled to ask again: Does the
cast-iron plate change its dimensions with temperature changes? The distance
from tuning to hitch pins might change just as railroad tracks shrink and
swell in length - no? I'm just thinking it must be a contributing factor.

Jason

On 3/10/07, RicB <ricb at pianostemmer.no> wrote:

> <snip>

As you, I am also tempted to think about the break in