untunable G-150

Dave Bunch pdtek at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 10 11:04:31 MST 2007

>>Some YC grands from around 1993-4 had a stepped zinc insert that was
extremely sticky.  These were only in production for less than a year
because they were horrible to tune even when brand new.<<

What excactly is this stepped zinc insert? Is it also on the bottom of the V bar instead of the rod?

I used protech VERY liberally, more so than I would usually want to admit, and no, the strings are not rusty.

How about that "chrome plated" duplex-like bridge just forward of the tuning pins. This thing looks like trouble to me.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Dave Bunch