Seasonal pitch change:

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 07:31:18 MST 2007

Could it be because that's where the strings end? You have an abrupt loss of
downward force on the bridge/soundboard, plus (if I understand what the Rons
and Del are saying), those strings tend to have less tension due to poor
scale design. I think Ron N was saying some days ago that his redesigns are
not nearly as susceptible to pitch change as the original scale was.

The strings adjacent the plate struts are more prone to change during
tuning. Gotta be something to do with the lack of tension on those portions
of the bridge at the ends of a section of strings.

JF