keyframe return spring

Ron Overs sec at overspianos.com.au
Thu Mar 8 15:00:43 MST 2007

>Here's a sweet idea from the old Bechstein I've
>referenced in a couple of other posts; the
>return spring has a roller bearing on the end.
>How humane and enlightened is that? Any body
>seen this feature before?

Yes Allen, Blüthner have used the same idea for a
long time. Don't know if they continue to use it
in their current instruments.

I considered the idea for our piano, but I've
found another solution which yields very low
spring/action frame friction, and is a cheaper
solution.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY