Ahhh, marketing

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Mar 8 07:42:21 MST 2007

At 08:59 AM 3/8/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>I've seen so much garbage printed inside pianos -- what about the
>"Jansen Creed?" This is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen -
>-Jansen always made a  terrible piano, filled with inharmonicity.
>And the Story and Clark "Storytone" soundboard that's supposedly
>guaranteed for 50 years? And what exactly is the meaning of "Baldwin
>direct-blow action?" And "Synchrotone" bass strings? Also, "this
>quality instrument is built in the tradition of Baldwin Grand
>Pianos." I always wondered about Knabe, "the official piano of the
>Metropolitan Opera." They were idiots for not choosing Steinway!
>
>Jesse Gitnik
>NYC
>Since 1980

...or Kimball's "highest honors whenever shown" - most recent date -->1915 ;-}

Knabe was product placement, as was Lester for the Phila. Orch. -
i.e. Knabe and Lester paid for the "endorsement".
Just like Reese's Pieces got into the movie "ET" vs: M&Ms - M&Ms
turned down the opportunity.  Steinway probably didn't feel the need.

Conrad Hoffsommer

There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
-Casey Stengel