llewellyn spinet

Albert Lord lordpiano at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:06:15 MST 2007

There were many of these Llewellyns in north NJ at one time.  They were
made by Lauter Piano Co in Newark who also used the name on some of
their uprights and upright players.  I haven't seen one in 20 years or so.
There were several action configurations but the one you describe had
very short keys with a drop wire attached below to the end of an under-
lever which had a flange screwed to the bottom of the action compartment.
The underlever had a capstan on which sat a console like action which
could be lifted out of the cavity after removing a few mounting screws.
Overall the case was very short and narrow with a very light backframe.