engineered wood rail (was: What would Steinway do)

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Mar 7 12:55:30 MST 2007

Hi Jon

I suppose it shouldnt be to difficult to find compatible action
brackets. Rails can be mounted appropriately no problem once you find a
set of brackets.  If I was to do this kind of thing... tho I shouldnt
think whatever gains would make it worth my time,  I'd go with massive
wood rails. The most stable actions I've ever seen have had really heavy
wood rails for everything.  The Petrof 9 foot comes to mind.  Tho not
particularly wonderful otherwise, once bedded these things are like
rocks for the action parts to work off.

btw... I think your tuit is in the corner under the podeye wrench.

Cheers
RicB

    If rails and brackets were available, I would replace Tubular Action
    Rails
    in a heartbeat.  With a little ambition, I suppose I could find them.
    Where's my round tuit....
    --

    Regards,

    Jon Page