Aural Tuning- Pianos with High Inharmonicity

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:18:59 MST 2007

Greg,

aurally I just tune these instruments in octaves (beat free). Of course
checking 4ths and 5ths. As a rule of the thumb: don´t think about it too
much! Just make it anyhow. You can´t tune these beasts correct, so don´t try
too much. Furthermore: a customer who owns such an instrument is not able to
notice any fine differences. Ortherwise he would not have bought it. Just
throw in some "tuning", be kind and nice and don´t be overconcerned with
beats, intervalls or something like that. It´s useless. We have a name for
these "tune and run" jobs: toilet tuning!

Gregor