Elegant Casters

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Mar 6 21:00:22 MST 2007

> THEY SEEM AWEFULLY OFFSET . .  GREAT IDEA, BUT WOULDN'T THEY PULL OUT
> THE SCREWS WITH ANY GREAT WEIGHT . .. ?

They do, but great looking casters otherwise. I expect they'd
do better with more realistic #10-1.5" or longer, than the
#6-3/4" screws or shorter, we see when we disassemble after
failure, too many factory installations. So what's with the
dinky little screws temporarily holding casters onto the
bottom of "modern" Buick weight pianoid objects?

> Jim Kinnear, who bought a piano tilter after a piano getting it's
> castors changed slipped off the milk crate . . .  luckily, I didn't have
> any of my body parts underneath at the time . .  great invention, are
> those tilters . ..  well worth the money !!!

Tilters are great inventions indeed, as are milk crates. It's
just that they aren't necessarily interchangeable.

Both well worth the money. I have a couple of one, and a dozen
of the other.

Ron N