Mileage

daniel carlton hacicspe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:31:39 MST 2007

hi list
i'm going out of town to work on a couple of pianos that i tuned about 3 1/2
months ago. on one piano, A4 is wickedly out of tune, but everything else is
just fine, apparently. on the other, the bass has gone flat a little (i did
a pitch correction when i tuned it last because the bass was flat and treble
sharp).
i normally charge mileage for travelling to that area, but i'm wondering if
it would be right of me to charge either customer. my gut instinct is to not
charge them, but i just don't know. it's my responsiblity as the technician
to make sure those notes don't go out of tune early. anybody have any
opinions on what would be fair?

daniel carlton