What would Steinway do

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 5 07:14:22 MST 2007

Ric,
How about court-filings to force S&S NY to honor its warranty against
defect in workmanship?  We are approaching that here in Texas.  There
is an S&S D here where the plate/string height is well above
Steinway's 1/4" wide acceptable range.  The dealer tech. broke a
number of drop screw heads off trying to get the hammers a little
closer to the strings on drop.  They are claiming that this is not a
warranty issue in any way and apparently trying to drag things out
until the short warranty runs out.

They build a piano with a lot of potential, it is painful though, to
encounter one where it is still-born from the factory and the factory
categorically refuses to accept any responsibility to find and
accomplish a solution beyond sending free action shims.  While action
shimming may debate-ably be an acceptable solution installing them
and regulating is part of the solution that they will have to accept too.

Andrew Anderson