Baldwin Concert Grand

Arbeau Piano ArbeauPiano at comcast.net
Sat Mar 3 10:19:01 MST 2007

I have a '96 Baldwin Concert Grand in a Baptist Church that they call for string repair/replacement before their tuning schedule is due for the past three years.

The hammers have some string marks/grooves in the hammers but, not worse to the degree they are in many other similar pianos from other manufacturers of even older pianos.

The string that broke this week, (A-3) was at the agraffe. I have found this to be the case with several strings that broke.

Please suggest if it is a time to restring or just reshape hammers and deal with them as they happen.

Gerald Arbeau