What would Steinway do

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Mar 2 17:07:25 MST 2007

In answer to the origional question... I believe there was a chemical
.... two actually used that when applied to wood caused it to turn very
black.  I think I have a bottle of some of this stuff tucked away
somewhere.  A kind of opposite to Hydrogen Peroxide.

I'll see if I can hunt down the name of this stuff.

What S&S uses now.... I dont know.  Someone mentioned Shellack.  Works
great lasts a long time as long as you dont spill alcohol on them.

Cheers
RicB