What would Steinway do

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Mar 2 17:02:42 MST 2007

More like.... if you are certified you dont have any excuses for not
doing a good job.  Which is why S&S continually gets all these assorted
quantities of colorful criticisms to put it nicely.  Fact is however....
I'd just love to see someone do a better job of it.  Factory setting...
real time real life economic realities, market position, etc. etc. ad
absurdum.

Its all very nice and fine for rebuilders who have the luxury of
lavishing all kinds of attention to details simply not possible in a
factory setting to get up on their high horses and sneer at a company
like Steinway for any faulter at all, or to accuse them of arrogance
without even attempting to put oneself in their shoes.

Personally, I'd like to see a lot less of this kind of discussion.  Its
far more interesting and enlightening to hear of all the innovations and
different ideas that rebuilders are doing.

Just my 2 cents
RicB

    So by the same line of reasoning, only a '57 Chevy rebuilt at the GM
    ("Authorized") rebuilding facility is an "authentically restored"
    '57 Chevy,
    right?

    It's kinda like the RPT vs non-RPT argument. Just because
    someone/something
    is "authorized" or "certificated" doesn't mean that
    everyone/everything else
    is unqualified... and from what I see and hear, the factory/dealer
    doesn't
    necessarily do a fabulous job, either.