What would Steinway do

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Mar 2 09:04:09 MST 2007

>  >Rebuild customer wants to make sure that his O ends up "authentically
> restored"
>
> Then that, by definition, would have to restored at the S&S rebuilding
> facility.
> Anything short of that will be a pale facsimile.
>
> Jon Page

Speaking of pale facsimiles, does anyone know the story behind
the Steinway "restored" S&S model O that was left in the move
staging area throughout the convention at Rochester last year?
As awful sounding a restoration as one could hope for. I'm
wondering if it was there to represent the factory's rebuild
capabilities, but somehow never made it out with the rest of
the showcase?

Ron N