Pinblock/back separation repair

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 2 10:09:35 MST 2007

FWIW - The better two glue surfaces mate, the better glue joint you will get with Titebond. When wood has splintered apart, even if there is no old glue residue, it is often difficult to get the splintered surfaces back together perfectly. That is why I prefer a thickened epoxy adhesive with good wetting properties - any gaps are no problem.

Some may argue that is overkill. Perhaps a valid point. A few good through-bolts going through backposts likely are all you need anyway. It just makes me sleep better.

Terry Farrell